To my reader, I would like to say, welcome to the “Mommy’s Club,”. My heartiest congratulations on becoming a mother, I would like to tell you that becoming a mother is like getting on a non- stop roller coaster which is going to bring you immense happiness and joy as well as a few moments of pain.
Now that you have sailed through your pregnancy, one chapter has ended, and a far more exciting one begun. As you embark on this journey, you are going to want to ensure your little one is well taken care of in all aspects and is loved. You are going to have to take care of all your baby’s concerns and needs. And one way of doing that is to have a diaper bag that is ready to take care of all your emergencies. To do that, you will have to make sure that your diaper bag has all you may need.
A lot of what goes inside your bag depends on the age of your child; nevertheless, I will briefly touch upon a few essentials that all mothers should have in their diaper bags. These essentials are:
👪 Diapers –
A diaper bag would be incomplete without a diaper, of course. So, pack the disposable or the cloth ones whichever you prefer. Count the numbers you need, carrying extra will always be beneficial.
👪 Changing Mat –
- Traveling with your little one can be quite stressful. You have to make sure that the surface on which you change your baby is clean and free of germs and this is something you can never be sure of. Carrying a changing mat is crucial, so you are sure that any unhygienic surface doesn’t come in contact with your little angel. You have the option of reusable waterproof diaper changing mat; however, I prefer the disposable ones, especially for travel or any outdoor activity. A disposable one is always better for all the spillages and handling the poops of the baby. They are also quite helpful when you have to change your baby in someone else’s house. I look for specific parameters while choosing disposable changing mats to make my baby more comfortable and improve my experience.
- I like to carry lightweight mats so that my diaper bag does not become too heavy. A lighter diaper bag allows me to move about freely and handle my baby with ease. I always like to ensure that the mat is highly absorbent so that there are as little spills. My mat must have a waterproof back sheet so that there are no leaks. Most importantly, when choosing a changing mat, it is crucial that my mat will keep my baby safe.
This is why I recommended Teddyy Changing Mats. These mats are easy to carry and dispose of. They are made from soft spongy material that makes sure your baby is comfortable during diaper changing time. They have a criss-cross design and a waterproof back-sheet to ensure there are no leaks and spills. Its antibacterial cover and hypoallergenic formulas help keep your baby healthy and allergy-free, giving you complete peace of mind. These mats will make your daily diaper-changing routine a breeze! To get your hands on your own mat, click here.
👪 Wipes –
Another diaper bag essential that has multiple uses. I always prefer wipes which are biodegradable, skin-friendly, high water content and have no chemicals to be absolutely. Wipes can be used to clean up spills, drool, and vomit. Alternatively, you could also use a napkin.
You can read more on wipes here – Top 5 Sensitive Baby Wipes in India.
👪 Bottles & Feed –
I personally prefer the ones which help in reducing the intake of air.
👪 Disposable Bags –
It is important to carry a newspaper or biodegradable disposable bag so that you can easily dispose of your waste.
👪 Other essential items to put in your diaper bag –
Hand sanitizer, a baby-friendly mosquito repellent, diaper rash cream, any medicines/supplements you need to give your baby, a blanket, an extra set of clothes, food items & water, and a nursing cover.
Also, mommies, before you go, don’t forget your own belongings, such as:
• Your wallet
• House keys
• Mobile/Emergency Contacts
• Bottle of water and some food for yourself, you need just as much care.
Lastly choose a bag that is durable, waterproof, and has loads of space so carrying it becomes a lot easier and hassle-free
- Featured image – Image by Karen Arnold from Pixabay
Diaper bag mujhe bahut cute lagtey hain n useful to hotey hi hain
Humare tym per ye sab easily available nahi tha aur bahut kuch milta bhi nahi tha
Lakin ab dekho kitna accha accha products aa gaye hain, mat ka idea accha hai 👍👍
Hope ki ye post sabke kaam aaye 😊😊
I remember I used to carry a big diaper bag with lots of stuff when my kids were young , nice list and useful post for new mommies .
diaper bag is one essential for a every mom even after they reached a certain age I carry most of the items the except changing maths as she is diaper off
This will come handy for newbie mom’s and saving this for future reference. Super informative post dear 🙂
Very nice list. I had travelled a lot during my daughter’s initial years and agree these are the exact things we need to carry .
This is a good list for all new moms. I remember carrying all of these items in my diaper bag when my son was small. It’s also good list for travelling with baby
Diaper bag comes very handy while traveling. Thanks for summing all the necessary things here
Thats a helpful and informative post for all new moms. I will pass this information to my sister
Good list. The changing mat is such an important item! The diaper bag is the most important in a mother’s arsenal
True. Changing mats are really important to maintain hygiene factor.
Diapers, changing mats, wipes, feed, those are some really important things in a diaper bag! This is a really good post for new moms!
You have listed the diaper bag essentials very well. The diaper changing mat is necessary for hygiene around the baby.
I m incontinent and always carry a bag filled with my diapers,wipes,powder and lotion..and adult-sized baby outfits..
Great to know that 🙂