The first friend and enemy is always our sibling. We all share a love- hate relationship with them where love obviously supersedes the hate.
I have a younger brother, sometimes I really wonder if he is the elder one. I don’t remember much of our childhood but still have some good memories, some memories which have gone and lots more to come. As a child, he was cute, naughty and energetic. Going together to school was the best time we had. WWF still means fighting with him for remote, we have fought like that in every nook and corner of the house. We have broken multiple remotes and hidden a lot of things in the sofa.
- Being elder I only remember once when I held his hands and shouted at him, till date its the reverse. I shout but there is no use of it. We have fought for remote and TV channels mainly. Now we have high voltage discussions on Analytics and things I need to know. I lose the discussion always.
- The best times in our teens and even when we started working was to go on weekends with Mom for a Frankie or chat or a long drive till South Mumbai and come back. I miss it. It’s fun to go out together. His favourite Sev Puri and our first choice were always Pani Puri. We would remain indecisive on where to go and he would say getting frustrated I will take you. Once with our cousin, he took us to eat the best sandwich, chat and pav bhaji that was super fun. On one more occasion, he took us to Spice Klub which was an experience. He is good at finding places for good food.
- He hates shopping with me. We have spent hours finding things for him but when it comes to me he doesn’t has the patience. Now we don’t shop together. I remember we went to Shoppers to do some last minute shopping for my wedding, trust me he did not let me window shop. I had just 5 mins to chose and shop. He is the only one who can pull me off a mall in 5 mins.
- He has given us jitters, 26th July can never forget that day. The phone bell was never so precious. I still remember his call came at 12.00 am saying he is fine, he will stay at a friends place and would come the next day. He is the life of our home.
- As a child, our school was nearby and we used to come together in Secondary class. I was so happy when our timings matched because earlier I had to come back alone. He used to bribe me with a juice from the store on the way or a pav vada (as I call it) to walk back home instead of taking a rick. We would never meet in recess, the only time he came was some tiffin issue and would come and call with my home name loudly. Now I love when my family calls me by my home name, miss it so much every day.
- When he started with his Engineering college, he made me feel that nothing is as sacred and as a big torture as Engineering. Everything is nothing but Engineering. I used to get so bugged with all that. A car, a plane, what I eat every damn thing. It was a phase which passed by.
- I used to study Microbiology and during the initial experiments, new knowledge which I was learning daily, I used to freak at eating out and did not eat chat for whole 6 months. He is the one who has told this to each and every family member and made fun of me. He was always the better cook and I learnt from him only how to make poha which was my first cooking.
There are many more good memories we share but I restrict myself as it’s a very emotional one for me. Things have evolved and changed but our love remains with all the lovely past memories, I await for the future ones.
Wish him all the happiness and success.