As I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I would be sharing my review for Clinique Pep-start range. I got this product before it was launched in the market in January 2017 so it’s an experience of few days but months which I am sharing. Sometimes what happens is we use the product for 1 week or little more but we realise few things later. So I thought to give adequate time before sharing my views on it.
Additionally, it’s my first set of Clinique products.
I bought 2 products from the range – Clinique pep-start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser and Clinique hydroblur moisturiser. The range also consists of Clinique pep-start eye cream, Clinique pep-start cleansing wipes and Clinique hydrorush moisturiser ( broad spectrum with SPF 20).
In the Clinique showroom, I tested Clinique hydroblur moisturiser and Clinique hydrorush moisturiser ( broad spectrum with SPF 20) however I chose the former for myself as I found it blended very nicely.
Clinique pep-start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser: Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, lauramidopropyl betaine, butylene glycol, sucrose, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, bambusa arundinacea (bamboo) stem extract, laminaria saccharina extract, salicylic acid, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-1,caffeine, sodium hyaluronate,acetyl glucosamine, sodium coco pg-dimonium chloride phosphate, polysorbate 20, disodiumcocoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium cocoyl glutamate, laureth-2, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, sodium sulfate, carbomer, monosodium citrate, disodium EDTA, EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, orange 4 (CI 15510), yellow 5 (CI 19140), red 4 (CI 14700)
Clinique hydroblur moisturiser: Water\Aqua\Eau, Sodium Polycrylate crosspolymer-1, acetylated gkycol, stearate, myristyl myristate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, hypnea musciformis (algae) extract, sigesbeckia orientalis (St. Paul Wort) extract, alcaligenes polysaccharides, algae extract, laminaria saccharina extract, squalane, ceramide np, beeswax\cera alba\cire d’abelle, acetyl hexapeptide-8, caffeine, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, trehacone crosspolymer, hydrogenated polyisobutene, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium polyarylate starch, pentylene glycol, laureth 9, laureth-23, silica, silica silylate, disodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate, red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)
- Allergy Tested
- 100% Fragrance Free
- Cleanser – Cleanse & scrub for a smooth finish and daily glow.
- Moisturizer – Hydroblur Technology moisturizes while softly blurring imperfections
- Suitable for all skin types
Clinique pep-start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser:
The product is available in 30ml and 125ml pack sizes. I own the 125ml one. It has a shelf life of 3 years.
Clinique hydroblur moisturiser:
The product is available in 30ml and 50ml pack sizes. I own the 50ml one. It has a shelf life of 3 years.
Clinique pep-start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser: Its a pink color tube packaging very sturdy and does not leak.
Clinique hydroblur moisturiser: The packaging is good. Its a double layered packaging with a lid. I like the blue colour as well, its fresh.
I have travelled using them and not faced any issue.
Clinique pep-start 2-in-1 exfoliating cleanser: MRP is Rs. 1450 for 125 ml pack.
Clinique hydroblur moisturiser: MRP is Rs. 2500 for 50 ml pack.
Clinique products fall in the expensive category. You can purchase the product in stores – Clinique stores & Shoppers Stop, Nykaa, etc.
Experience: Like 😊😊 ⬅or➡ 🙁🙁 Dislike
- 👒 The products are fragrance free. I have a sensitive skin so touch wood I did not get any allergy. Since it suited my skin type I feel it should be suited for all skin types.
- 👒 I use the moisturizer once a day and cleanser minimum once a day. The products have lasted me for more than 3 months now. I think it would last me for me 15 days minimum.
- 👒 The scrub has a orangish tinge and minute scrub particles. These particles are not harsh and everyday post washing gives you a fresh feel. The scrub particles cant be seen but felt. You will feel a gel like substance in the pictures. I feel a good deep clean effect post using it.
- 👒 The moisturizer has a creamish tinge and has a thick consistency. I chose this because it completely absorbs in the skin. Massage in the skin and you feel nothing applied. You need to top it with a sunscreen as it does not have a sunblock. It has a oil free mattifying look. Good for acne prone skin like me.
- 👒 I liked to use this as a combination. Works well. I first experience of these products are good. The products are expensive as the brand is a high end one but lasts long so you need to weigh both the aspects.
Rating: Overall I liked the product. I give a rating of 4/5, 1 less for good number of chemical stuff and lack of SPF in the moisturizer
Disclaimer: This is not a paid review.