Organic Lipstick, yes you heard it right. I am very happy that companies are thinking in this direction and coming up with products.
I received Ruby’s Organics Lipstick this month in My Envy Box and could not wait to try it.
Kaolin, talc, butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), mangifera indica (mango butter), candelilla wax, carnauba, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba oil), prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond oil), ricinus communis (castor oil), beeswax, tocopherol, lanolin, isopropyl myristate, bht, pongamia pinnata seed extract, vanilla planifolia fruit. May contain – +/- mica, titanium dioxide ci 77891, iron oxides ci 77491, ci77499, lakes ci 77007 & 15850:2.
Caution: Natural products can also cause an allergic reaction. Test patch on the inner elbow and leave for 30 mins. Discontinue if irritation occurs.
- 100% vegetarian
- Paraben free
- Against animal testing
A full-size product contains 3.7 gm of product. It has a shelf life of 18 months. It comes in a lip crayon packaging.
It has a mild fragrance but nothing strong. The fragrance is of the natural ingredients like almond oil. You need to store away from direct sunlight.
They have 5 shades Raisin, Roseate, Brick, Apricot and Burgundy. I own Brick.
You need to store away from direct sunlight. They have 5 shades Raisin, Roseate, Brick, Apricot and Burgundy. I own Brick.
The Brick shade is pinkish red shade which I absolutely loved.
You can clean with a tissue or water and can be easily removed. The semi-matte finish works well.
Packaging: The outer packaging is plastic and you don’t need to sharpen the product as it has an option to move the lipstick upward from the base. The quality of plastic was something which I did not personally like, felt low grade in comparison to the product quality and price.
Price: MRP is Rs. 990 per lipstick. I feel the product is a bit high priced.
Experience: Like 😊😊 ⬅or➡ 🙁🙁 Dislike
- 👒 I used the product before sharing my experience. The most important part of a lipstick is the pigmentation and staying power. Considering I got a brick colour lipstick it was dark, it is semi-matte finish and lipstick glides on easily. I loved the quality and colour.
- 👒 It would suit all skin types which is a positive part. Being an Organic product made me love the product more. I have a sensitive skin and with so many harmful chemicals I prefer skin friendly products. No chemical preservatives and natural ingredients – the perfect combination.
- 👒 The lipstick does not spread so again a positive.
- 👒 It has a moisturising effect on your lips so protect while you flaunt the colour.
- 👒 The lipstick staying power is as long as you eat. Once you eat the lipstick would go away from the centre. You need to retouch and re-apply.
Rating: Overall I liked the product. I give a rating of 4/5, 1 less for packaging and pricing.
Disclaimer: This is not a paid review.