Our skin is the largest organ of our body which is subject to daily wear and tear. This happens because of high environmental exposure, pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Flawless skin, a good hair day and strong nail growth tips are the dream of many and like everything else requires a lot of arduous work and dedication to achieve.
Do you believe in the saying what goes in shows out? Well, I do.
Like everything requires attention and care, our skin demands the same. We may apply multiple products to take care of the exposure externally still we can’t ignore the fact that we need to augment it with the desired nutritional supplements internally as well. Our body needs a dose of certain nutrients which help protect our skin from the inside out and this is one of the strong nail growth tips that I can give you.
Why is there a need for an additional supplement?
Every part of our body requires nutrition which we derive from our food. Similarly, our skin requires a certain set of nutrients for healthy-looking skin, hair and strong nail growth tips.1
- Our basic Indian dietary pattern consists of vegetables, pulses, rice and wheat/other flour. There may be variations in this but largely it remains the same. A non-vegetarian diet may include eggs and meats. Irrespective of our choices certain micronutrients are essential in the growth, development, and maintenance of our bodily functions that we need to include. These are our vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. We can include them by making necessary dietary changes or taking supplements.5
- For me, supplements make a viable choice because, irrespective of any inclusions, being a vegetarian, I don’t get the desired quantities of these essential micronutrients from my food. Supplements make an excellent choice because I get the missing supply of micronutrients in the quantities my body requires. After all, any nutritional supplement is based on certain defined guidelines.
- One thing, however, we need to keep in mind; supplements will work if the body is deficient in those. If there is no deficiency, then skin damage could be an underlying reason for another form of illness that requires medical attention.
- Also, glowing skin, good hair day and strong nail growth tips are what we wish to have, but the extra application of products or intake of supplements won’t help us achieve faster results. Everything demands continuous effort and time, there is no shortcut to it.
How micronutrients are useful?
A combination of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants can help us reduce the damage done to our skin, hair, and nails. There are multiple ingredients at play here however, I would like to highlight the role of a few of these micronutrients to give better clarity.2
- Vitamin A: Essentially a form of retinol, this vitamin helps in reducing cell damage and regeneration. This vitamin boosts the production of collagen and elastin. It also helps in the reduction of visible ageing signs like fine lines, wrinkles, and open pores to give clearer skin. Therefore, a lot of topical skin products include Vitamin A. However, it may or may not suit all, especially people with sensitive skin.3
- Vitamin C: This is an antioxidant that helps in tissue repair and growth. Vitamin C is photoprotective. Because of its antioxidant properties, it helps in the fight against free radicals damage caused to the skin and helps in premature ageing like pigmentation and fine lines. Vitamin C is an immunity booster as well so it’s important to incorporate it into our diet.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin essential to regulate retinol levels for healthy skin. It has good moisturizing properties and is present in some form in all the topical products we use. It helps in UV absorption, skin building and rejuvenation.3
- Vitamin B Complex: Vitamin B3 along with Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant. It helps in the skin renewal process and improves the overall quality of the skin. Similarly, Vitamin B5 helps retain moisture and protects from UV exposure.
- Biotin: Referred to as Vitamin H in the Vitamin B family, this is produced naturally in our gut to metabolize carbohydrates and proteins. Biotin has multiple functions however, converting nutrients into energy remains the core one. Also, it helps in building keratin infrastructure which is responsible for good skin, and hair and is an important ingredient in strong nail growth tips.3
- Selenium is a mineral that helps in the protection of our skin from sun damage.3
These are the few key ones which I have touched upon. There are additional minerals like zinc, iron, copper, and manganese which our body needs. As you can observe, healthy skin, hair and strong nail growth are not one nutrient’s job.
How did I choose to meet my nutrient deficiencies?
In consultation with my nutritionist, I took the Supplement Selector test online to determine which product would be suitable for me. As correctly said, everyone is different and so are their nutritional needs.
The test determined that I needed to take Perfectil for good skin & hair and strong nail growth tips.
- Perfectil from Vitabiotics is UK’s No.1 beauty supplement for good skin, hair and strong nail growth tips.
- It has 20 micronutrients that include biotin, zinc, and selenium, which provide nourishment for good skin & hair and strong nail growth.
- Additionally, it doesn’t contain any artificial colours or preservatives. It doesn’t contain lactose, yeast, or gelatin and is gluten-free.
- This is a nutritional oral supplement.
- They have mentioned that the product has shown proven results for good skin & hair and is promoted as strong nail growth tips.
I am going to be using this product for the next few months and see the results myself. If you wish to know my honest opinion and experience with this product, keep watching this space and #HealthyLivingWithVitabiotics for more!
************************************************************************************ Image: Pixabay & Brand Images Disclaimer: This content was created as a part of a collaboration, however, it has been made sure that the content is helpful and provides value to the reader. References: 1. https://www.healthline.com/health/4-best-vitamins-for-skin#talk-to-your-doctor 2. https://www.verywellhealth.com/vitamins-for-the-skin-5084899 3. https://www.allure.com/story/best-vitamins-for-skin 4. https://www.vogue.in/beauty/content/6-vitamins-you-need-in-your-skincare-products-for-a-healthy-glow#:~:text=By%20stimulating%20fibroblasts%2C%20Vitamin%20A,skin%2C%22%20says%20Dr%20Anand. 5. https://www.webmd.com/beauty/skin-care-guide 6. https://www.vogue.in/beauty/content/biotin-supplements-for-glowing-skin-strong-nails-healthy-hair-benefits-precautions#:~:text=If%20you're%20worried%20about,help%20oil%20glands%20function%20properly. 7. https://vitabiotics.in/pages/best-vitamin-for-you ************************************************************************************
This seems like a must-have supplement! #HealthyLivingWithVitabiotics
A supplement for good hair and nails is what I need! Thanks for the update.
I tried and found that Perfectil is a good supplement for the health of skin, hair and nails.
Vitamins role for healthy skin, never know that. Perfectil from Vitabiotics take care of our skin health so well. Want to check this out
We all want glowing skin, thick hair and strong mail. They contribute in enhancing our beauty. But we need to take care of ourselves if we want results. Taking supplements is a the least we can do. Other than that we should follow a healthy lifestyle, get enough sleep.
Will be waiting for you feedback on the supplements.
There are some micro nutrients that vegetarians do not get from their regular diets, and hence the role of supplements become really important. Perfectil seems to be a good option here.
We are what we consume. A perfect post that talks about necessary vitamins for skin,hair and nails. I haven’t heard about this brand.But, would love to know your views about this one later. Great work.
Great article! I guess many like me take their vitamins without the thought of making their nails look great. For sure that’s an added thing already. I love how you’ve touched in this article the deficiencies as well and how important it is to know about it to address which vitamins we needed as well.
Nails do make a major reflection of our personailty and it’s essential to take care of them
I have brittle nails although I consume vitamin supplements. I am impressed with your post and will try Perfectil. Hope it works 🤞
I have heard recently a lot about Perfectil. Many bloggers are suggesting it & I think I should try this for my nails health.
These days we all need good healthy body, skin and hair and these suppliments look good to try. Definitely try this
Of late I have been noticing that my nails are becoming very brittle. I hardly get time to take care as I used to get before. These tips are helpful.
Getting healthier skin and nails can be done through natural process and with good lifestyle changes and if all this is an effort than having supplements can surely help to scale things faster.
Perfectil isnow making rounds everywhere and that clearly indicates how effective the supplement is for people who used them. Now its my turn to use… Thanks for the recommendation
We usually ignore the most is to take care of our nails which are very important to be taken care of, thanks that we have perfectil now to support all our hair, skin and nail care.
We need to take care of ourselves if we want healthy hair and nails. Taking supplements is a the least we can do especially vegetarians. I too take perfectile and it work like magic. Thanks for such a detailed post on multi vitamins.
Not many of us pay enough attention to the micronutrients that our body needs. Thank you for talking about them and sharing about this supplement. Keep sharing your reviews. This will help us make better decision.
Vitamins are really important for healty skin, hair and nails and I think we all want that glowing skin, strong nails and thick long hair. But only vitamins can not do everything, we should follow a healthy lifestyle too.
I am absolutely with you on this, in this time and age our body needs a little extra which can be easily and safely fulfilled by skin, hair and nails supplement like Perfectil. It is definitely a great choice.